Solace Systems, Inc.
Solace Systems is the leading provider of hardware-based messaging middleware and content networking solutions. With Solace hardware, distributed applications share high-throughput, low-latency content distribution in an easy to manage, lower cost of ownership form factor.
February 2008 to Present: Director of Strategic Marketing
- I’m responsible for the planning and development of all marketing communications activity and programs including print collateral, presentations, sales tools, and the web site.
TIBCO Software Inc.
TIBCO’s software helps companies including Coca-Cola, Delta Air Lines, FedEx, Harrah’s and Intel continuously improve the efficiency and flexibility of their operations by connecting and coordinating assets and activities across their global operations.
2006 to 2008: Senior Marketing Manager, Branding and Creative Services
- In addition to managing the in-house creative services team, I defined and evangelized all aspects of TIBCO’s brand including design guidelines, editorial style, logo usage, product positioning, and Web strategy.
- I initiated and led a branding-focused advertising campaign that generated over 65 million impressions in the first six months of the year and nearly doubled awareness of the TIBCO brand in the company’s target market.
- I worked with product marketing managers to ensure that the positioning of TIBCO’s many products is consistent with the TIBCO brand in terms of tone and voice, and then worked with writers, designers, and campaign managers to ensure the consistent application of those messages across channels, geographies, and programs.
2002 to 2005: Marketing Communications Manager
- I managed the development of messages and materials in support of all of the company’s software and solutions.
- I drove and oversaw the design and implementation of a new brand image, including a comprehensive redesign and re-architecture of the corporate Web site.
- I helped coin terms such as “total business integration”, “business optimization,” and “predictive business,” and participated in the development of product names including BusinessConnect, BusinessFactor, and BusinessWorks.
- I drove the branding, development and introduction of e-newsletters for internal and external audiences, called TIBCO FieldFlash and TIBCO PowerLines, respectively.
- I cut collateral production costs 80% while increasing the satisfaction level of the sales force by replacing printed collateral with a quarterly Collateral and Multimedia CD.
- I drove the content strategy for the company’s first-ever user conference, at which 99% of surveyed attendees said they were satisfied with the content and would be back the next year.
- I developed guidelines for writing style, vocabulary, and logo usage to ensure consistency and quality across worldwide marketing materials and programs.
2000 to 2002: Content Development and Creative Services Manager
- I worked with product marketing managers to understand and communicate the features, differentiators and value propositions of TIBCO’s products, and I personally wrote copy and designed infographics for all collateral.
- I created a sales resource binder which packaged collateral with complementary “cheat sheets” that helped salespeople and service professionals understand each product’s differentiators and value proposition.
- I helped develop the storyboard and script for a complex multi-product demonstration, and delivered it to current and prospective customers in TIBCO’s executive briefing center and at corporate events.
Nextron developed innovative software that enabled leading yellow page publishers such as USWestDex and GTE Superpages
to cost-effectively sell small businesses a basic Web site as an extension of their advertising package.
1997-2000: Marketing and Creative Services Manager
- I managed a small team that produced all of the company’s marketing materials and Web sites.
- I created the brand and marketing strategies for several lines of business including a custom Web design group (of which I served as the creative director), a retail version of the software, and an offering targeted at franchisors.
1995-1997: Corporate Communications and Creative Services Specialist
- I led the design and development of the company’s brand, positioning, marketing materials and Web site.
- I designed the icons and user interface for the company’s Web interface software product.
The Personal Computer Memory Card International Association is a trade association that during my tenure brought together the top manufacturers of portable computers and peripherals to develop the PC Card technology that is found in virtually every portable computer.
1993-1995: Marketing Communications Manager
- I managed marketing communications programs including advertising, collateral, events, and public relations.
- I drove the successful development and launch of the organization’s first Web site.
- I developed promotional and on-site materials for the association’s pavilions of member exhibitors at major conferences such as COMDEX and CeBit, and for the association’s own “PC Card Forum” conference.
1992-1993: Marketing Communications Specialist
- I designed, wrote and managed the production of marketing materials including brochures, a directory of suppliers, a quarterly newsletter, and press releases.
- I designed the association’s logo, and developed brochures and other collateral that communicated the positioning and value proposition of the cutting-edge PC Card technology.